At Rhythm Systems, we are so excited to be hosting our annual Breakthrough Conference right here in our hometown! From the beautiful weather to the delicious food to the unique neighborhoods to the warm people, we love Charlotte, NC, and we think you'll love it, too.
Of course, we hope you'll come to our conference to network with other middle market leaders, learn from our world-class subject matter experts and keynote speakers, work on solving business problems with your team, learn how to make the most out of the Rhythm software, and more...but while you're here, we also hope you enjoy our city!
Here's a recap of some of the things we think you'll love:
- Craft Beer: The craft beer scene has exploded in Charlotte. Some of our local favorites include Juicy Jay from our friends at Legion Brewing Company and Jalapeño Pale Ale at Birdsong Brewing Co. Many restaurants and bars in short walking distance from the Charlotte Marriott City Center hotel serve local beers on tap, or you could venture out to one of the many breweries to experience them for yourself!
- Greenways: Even though it can be hard to squeeze in time for exercise when you travel, you won't want to miss Charlotte’s greenways and trails. Mecklenburg County has one of the best greenway systems in the nation with over 37 miles of trails. If you’re a runner, Little Sugar Creek greenway is accessible from Uptown or you can run down the Rail Trail. You can also easily access a bike or scooter to use while you explore.
- Uptown Nightlife: From your hotel room, you can walk to hear live jazz over specialty cocktails at the Imperial or enjoy the best view in town from Fahrenheit’s rooftop bar.
- Entertainment: You can also walk to the EpiCenter to take in a movie or even bowl if that’s more your speed.
- Fall Fun: One of my personal favorite things to do in October in Charlotte is to take my family to a pumpkin patch. Even though you likely won't want to haul a pumpkin home in your suitcase, you can still enjoy going for a hayride, petting the farm animals, getting lost in a corn maze and sipping hot apple cider all while enjoying the fall foliage at any number of local farms (Wise Acres, Windy Hill Orchard, Hodges Family Farm). Or, if you like the spooky side of fall fun, you can always ride haunted rollercoasters at SCarowinds.
- Live Sports: Even though our Carolina Panthers are away the weekend of the conference, sports fans can still enjoy live sports in Charlotte. Check out the NHRA Carolina Nationals at the Charlotte Motor Speedway while you’re here, or if you’re a soccer fan, visit nearby Matthews to see Charlotte Independence vs. North Carolina FC.
- Art & Culture: Being Uptown, you're just a short walk from the Mint Museum and the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. If are a Hamilton fan, you'll have your chance to see the show at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center while you're in Charlotte in October.
- Easy Transportation: Charlotte is already a walkable city, but improvements over the past few years have made it even easier to get around. There’s the Light Rail, which runs from South Charlotte through Uptown and all the way to UNC Charlotte. We also have the Gold Line Street Car, which runs East to West Uptown, taking you from Time Warner Cable Arena to Elizabeth Ave., a great neighborhood with some good restaurants. The best part about the streetcar—it’s free! Like many other cities, Charlotte has a variety of bikes and scooters to choose from. You can download an app to rent a bike or scooter from LimeBike, Mobike, Spin or Ofo.
- Nearby Adventure: If you bring your family along, you've got to check out Discovery Place Science—there's something for kids (and adults) of all ages. Additionally, you can easily visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame with memorabilia and interactive experiences you won't find anywhere else. Attractions like Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, Amelie's French Bakery, Freedom Park, Crowders Mountain, and the AvidXchange Music Factory are all fan-favorites. If you are bit more adventurous, check out the US National Whitewater Center. You can hike or mountain bike on their trails, go whitewater rafting or kayaking, or go for a zip line tour or ropes course.
I hope you're as excited to come to Charlotte as we are to host you. I can't wait to see you at this year's Breakthrough Conference!