Define where your company will dominate over the next 3-5 years
What Sandbox Is & Why It Matters
Your Sandbox is where you will dominate over the next 3-5 years. The Sandbox should be large enough to support your 3-5 year revenue and market share goals but concise enough to give you direction and focus.
Identifying your Sandbox is not necessarily to limit where you will sell; it should help clarify where you want to focus your resources. This is important to help you narrow the scope and clarify your strategy before you work on Brand Promise.
How to Record Your Sandbox
Note: If you don’t see Sandbox in the left menu, you don’t have permission to edit this for your company. You can read a summary of the Sandbox in the Strategy Summary.
- Under Strategy, choose Sandbox in the left menu.
- Click in the top text box to add the products and services you plan to sell in the next 3-5 years. The text will automatically save if you click out of the box, or you can hit Save when you’re done.
- Click the next box to add the market segments/industries you plan to target.
- Next, add the geographical region you will sell to over the next 3-5 years.
- Then, add your distribution channels (ex: B2B, B2C, dedicated sales force, online, channel partner, retail, etc.)
- You can add Comments or Attachments as needed.