Document Core values in Rhythm to share the handful of guiding principles by which your company navigates.
What Core Values Are & Why They Matter
Core Values are the handful of guiding principles by which a company navigates. For example, Disney’s Core Values of imagination and wholesomeness come from the founder’s belief that these should be nurtured for their own sake, not only to capitalize on a business opportunity. Instead of changing their Core Values, a great company will change their markets—seek out different customers—in order to remain true to their Core Values.
Core Values are the essential and enduring tenets of an organization. A small set of timeless guiding principles, Core Values require no external justification; they have intrinsic value and importance to those inside the organization.
Just as a Core Purpose defines a company's reason for being, Core Values define the way of being of the company. An organization will achieve better performance when the Core Values of its people are aligned to the company's Core Values. The team will have much more joy and engagement in their work when aligned around Core Values.
How to Document Core Values
Note: If you don’t see Core Values in the left menu, you don’t have permission to edit these for your company. You can read them in the Strategy Summary.
- Under Strategy, choose Core Values in the left menu.
- Click + in the top right corner, give your Core Value a name.
- You can also add an optional Description for the Core Value and list Behaviors your team demonstrates when living the value.
- Save the Core Value to see it in your list.
- You can drag and drop to reorder the Core Values, click to edit the text, and add Comments or Attachments to each value as needed.