Record your Core Customer in Rhythm to align around the customers most likely to buy your product or service at the price and quantity required for optimal profit.
What Core Customer Is & Why It Matters
You don’t sell your product or service to a demographic. You sell it to a real person. Your Core Customer is someone you can get to know, develop a relationship with, and understand his or her wants, needs, and fears.
Your Core Customer represents the customers most likely to buy your product or service at the price and quantity required for optimal profit. Also referred to as your WHO, your Core Customer is the customer you cannot live without.
Understanding your Core Customer and his or her needs will help you to develop product and service offerings this customer will value. Knowing your Core Customer will also help you develop a Brand Promise to close more deals. Having a clear Core Customer and Brand Promise will focus your sales and marketing efforts on the right people, the specific customers you really want, and align your service or delivery teams to delight and retain the customers you value most.
How to Record Your Core Customer
Note: If you don’t see Core Customer in the left menu, you don’t have permission to edit this for your company. You can read them in the Strategy Summary.
- Under Strategy, choose Core Customer in the left menu.
- Click in the top text box to add your Core Customer description.
- The text will automatically save if you click out of the box, or you can hit Save when you’re done.
- You can also add some successful customers, describe their characteristics and the value you provide to them to help you identify your Core Customer. To do this, click the + to add customers to your list.
- You can drag and drop to reorder the Successful Customer list, click to edit the text, and add Comments or Attachments as needed.