5 Podcasts CEOs Should Listen to in 2018
At Rhythm Systems, one of our core values is Keep Smart; we are a team of voracious learners. But, it can be difficult to keep up with everything we want to learn, especially since there is so much great content out there for leaders to consume. I think it is safe to bet that I'm not the only one with good intentions and a "pile of guilt" (also known as the stack of business books I meant to read last year and never got around to.) It is nearly impossible to keep up with all the great articles and books promising to share the latest business growth hacks, reveal industry trends, and make you a better leader. In our crazy, busy days, sometimes we don’t have time to read a blog post, much less a whole book.
If you are trying to grow your skills and stay informed in the new year, try listening to a few podcasts instead of staring down the “pile of guilt" for yet another year.
To get you started, here are 5 highly recommended podcasts for your listening pleasure:
- HBR Ideacast: This weekly podcast includes interviews with high-caliber business leaders and academics, as you’d expect from the Harvard Business Review. Recent podcasts tackle topics like explaining the new tax law, unlimited vacation time, promoting CEOs from within, and the relationship between technology and trust. The episodes are not long, perfect for the CEO who is short on time.
- EntreLeadership: If you’re looking to raise your leadership lid, this podcast is for you. It features "lively discussions and tips on leadership and business by some of the top minds in the business, like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins and Simon Sinek.”
- The Growth Show: Hubspot’s podcast features interviews with "executives and entrepreneurs that share stories on what it’s really like to grow a business, a movement, an idea, or a team” While it has a marketing focus, it has fascinating insights for CEOs looking to expand their reach in 2018. Some of the companies featured in the past include Buzzfeed, Box, Blue Bottle Coffee Company, LEGO, and more.
- Office Hours: Daniel Pink (best-selling author of Drive and A Whole New Mind) hosts this podcast, which he describes as “Car Talk… for the human engine." Pink and his high-profile guests (authors and business leaders like Malcolm Gladwell and Jim Collins) actually take questions from listeners.
- Business Story of the Day (NPR): This one is for you news buffs. These bite-sized daily episodes are typically under 5 minutes each, and they are the perfect way to stay informed on current events about business, money, and the economy that may impact your industry or your company.
The next time you are cooking dinner, folding laundry, working out, or on your commute, you can tackle your resolution to stay informed at the same time. And, if you do find yourself
Are there any podcasts you find especially helpful that are missing from my list? Please comment to share your favorites!
Photo Credit: iStock by Getty Images