Recent research conducted confirms that podcasts are getting more and more popular, with 26% of people in the US listening at least every month. Most listen on a mobile device at home. On average, most podcast listeners are affluent and educated. But with over 630,000 choices out there, how do you know what to listen to? Admittedly, there’s a lot out there for people interested in politics, news junkies, sports fanatics, pop culture buffs and true crime story addicts, but there are also a lot of great podcasts perfect for business leaders.
Last year, I put together a list of top podcasts for CEOs, and I’ve got an updated list of recommendations for 2019 to help you keep up with trends and stay sharp.
Here are 7 Can’t-Miss Podcasts for CEOs in 2020:
- Masters of Scale - This award winning podcast hosted by Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, tackles issues all CEOs face when growing companies. Hoffman interviews leaders from every industry and tests a theory in each episode.
- Future Perfect - If you aren’t afraid of the big questions in life, this is the podcast for you. Explore innovative ideas for radically improving the world.
- How I Built This - Ever want to hear the story of how your favorite company was founded? Chances are, Guy Raz has covered it in this podcast. It’s a great peak behind the curtain with lots of insights into some of the most innovative entrepreneurs of our time.
- Planet Money - Episodes are usually about 20 minutes long, and they tackle a range of issues relevant to the economy (always explained in simple terms).
- FT Alphachat - If you want to go deeper on economic issues, this podcast from the Financial Times offers expert insights on topics as wide-ranging as the fiscal impact of immigration to the dark side of the German economy to why we tend to ignore obvious risks and dangers.
- This Week in Tech - Keep current on the onslaught of tech news (what is Facebook apologizing for this time?) in an entertaining way with a roundtable discussions of the week’s top tech stories.
- Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders - The weekly lessons from experienced leaders speaking at Stanford University will satisfy your inner student.
As always, I’d love to hear from you about what you are listening to. Leave a comment with your favorite podcast! Want to hear about another topic you had in mind? Fill out this 6 question survey and let us know!
If you enjoyed this post, here are some others you may like:
Photo Credit: iStock by Getty Images