Execute For Your Core Customer
Thu, Feb 1, 2018 @ 08:27 AM Increasing Sales, Strategies for Growth
I was recently preparing for an Annual Planning webinar, which is focused on making the right decisions every year, month, week and day. I am getting really excited as I think about how my core customers can benefit from this information.
My core customers:
- are growing, adding people and have no lack of opportunities
- they are the growth engines of our economy
- they have more execution challenges versus strategy challenges.
When I was preparing - I asked myself these questions:
- As they approach the spaghetti junction of opportunity, how do they make the best decisions on what to say yes to and what to say no to?
- How do I help them get more focused and aligned to their wonderful and bright futures?
- How do I help them be equipped to feel confident that by saying "No" to various ideas and opportunities, that they are actually making themselves and their companies more successful, both in the near term as well as in the future?
- I have said "Yes" to focusing the webinar to a specific group of customers, that I refer to as my core customers.
- I have said "No" to content that other companies may find helpful, but that is less important for my core customers.
Looking for more resources on Core Customer? Check out these related posts:
What is the Difference Between Primary & Secondary Core Customer?
Define Your Core Customer to Develop a Winning Brand Promise (Video)
3 Steps to Identify Your Core Customer
Are Your Customers Happy? 8 Customer KPI Examples
Who Is Your Core Customer? (Video)
Photo Credit: iStock by Getty Images
Editor's Note: This post was originally published on Feb. 15, 2012 and has been updated.