Over the past 10 years, we have had the unique opportunity to work with hundreds of companies around the world. Our observations and research, via coaching sessions, planning sessions, and the review of over 125,000 company, departmental, and individual priorities has provided unique insights into what specific habits, patterns, and actions helped these companies execute better and grow faster.
We are often asked what our most successful clients have in common. First of all, they understand that The Rhythm System is more than just software. It consists of methodology, habits, disciplines, education, and consulting. The software is simply a vehicle to align your team with excellent business practices throughout your company. Want to know more? Take a look at this list of best practices and see how many you can check off.
Best Practices, Habits, and Patterns of Successful Rhythm Clients
- The CEO/President champions the process, commits to the new habits and disciplines, and leads
- The entire executive team understands what Rhythm is, why they need it, and how it will help them, so they can be fully committed to making it successful.
- The team adopts all parts of the Think-Plan-Do Rhythm:
- Annual Planning and Strategic Thinking Rhythm
- Quarterly Execution Planning (every single quarter!)
- Weekly Adjustment Meetings (even if everyone can’t be there, those who can, should) and our best clients also have some sort of Daily Huddle Rhythm
- Quarterly Plans are not complete until all of the Company-level Priorities have the following:
- Red-Yellow-Green Success Criteria
- One clear owner
- Individual and Team Priorities for each member of the executive team supporting and linked to the completion of the Company Priorities
- Weekly Team Meetings are a priority for everyone.
- Everyone comes prepared.
- The status of all Priorities and KPIs
hasbeen updated prior to the meeting.
- The owner of any Priority or KPI with a Yellow or Red status has entered a comment explaining what’s going on and the plan to turn it around.
- The team uses their weekly meeting time together to work on Yellows and Reds, new opportunities that have come up, and determining what needs to happen to have a successful week and finish the quarter strong.
- Everyone completes and shares their Week-in-Sync notes.
- The team uses the Comments, Actions, Attachments, and Planning Notes features to communicate and collaborate between Weekly Adjustment Meetings.
- Once the Executive Team is comfortable using Rhythm, those who lead departments cascade Rhythm and all of the habits mentioned above to their teams.
- Everyone in the company becomes Rhythm Certified, ensuring you're all speaking the same language and getting maximum benefit from The Rhythm System.
- The team continues to learn and advance their skills by using the tools, education, and resources available in Rhythm University.