At the beginning of 2016, all Rhythm software users gained access to the Rhythm Certification Program as part of their subscription. To date, we now have hundreds of users and teams who have accelerated their own learning and maximized their Rhythm investment just by utilizing this resource!
With a few quarters of Rhythm Certification under our belt, we’ve noticed some patterns and best practices emerge from our incredibly smart clients. These simple ideas make sense for all levels of the organization, from the executive team to front-line employees.
If you are wondering how you and your team could take your Rhythm usage to the next level, consider the following:
- Before a team (executive or departmental) does their next annual or quarterly planning session, require they get Rhythm Fan Certified as part of the pre-work. This ensures the team is speaking the same language and understands the fundamentals of the Think Plan Do methodology before you get in a room together to start planning.
- All existing users, or new users in teams who plan to cascade Rhythm in the near future, should get Rhythm User Certified. This ensures everyone on the team understands how to use the software. It makes implementation easier for the Group Leader by taking training off their plate. It also helps the team build consistent Rhythm habits across the board.
- Make Rhythm Certification part of the onboarding process for all new hires. There are many teams requiring Rhythm Certification relative to the new hire’s role. For example, everyone completes Rhythm Fan Certification to understand the language and basic methodology, regardless of whether or not they will be using the software. Rhythm User Certification is required for anyone joining a team that is already using Rhythm software for weekly and daily execution. Rhythm Group Leader Certification is for anyone who is managing a department or team in Rhythm. This lightens the load for the HR and training teams dramatically. It also ensures everyone has the appropriate level of knowledge regarding Rhythm across the organization.
- Use Rhythm Certification as a team education tool and get Rhythm Certified together. The suggested agenda for a Monthly Meeting includes time for education or learning something new as a team. Ask everyone to bring a laptop or tablet to the Monthly Meeting. View the course content together, discuss it and complete tests individually.
- Make Rhythm Certification a priority. This was a big trend for many Rhythm clients in Q1 and Q2 plans this year! We all know the best way to execute well is to write an execution-ready Priority and set Red-Yellow-Green success criteria. Hold yourself or your team accountable to becoming Rhythm Certified by setting up Group or Individual Priorities and include a due date.
To access Rhythm Certification, login to your Rhythm software account, click on "Coaching Help" and choose Rhythm Certification from the Get Started menu. We hope to have you as part of the Rhythm Certified family soon – please join us on the journey!